Jul 04, 2012 09:28 AM
A week ago someone sent me an e-mail with a link to a documentary about channeling, entitled `Tuning In'.
Although a bit boring, mainly because it is completely uncritical, it made me think of how difficult it is for theosophy, to become better well-known, when we have a huge number of individuals claiming they are receiving messages from so many different entities.
I think that the hypotheses that can explain this phenomenon are:
1) It´s all about the money and they are a fake. One of these days, someone told me how much money a certain individual had made after going to a famous radio show (more books sold, etc, etc?);
2) Some of these channelers have mental problems and are delusional;
3) They have some mediumistic faculties, but they fail to translate correctly the information they get and/or are tricked by elementals and/or elementaries.
Blavatsky wrote that "In dealing with the dicta of psychics and mediums, it must always be remembered," that "they translate automatically and unconsciously their experiences." On any plane of consciousness", she says, they "are always translated into the language and experience of our normal physical plane."
She also said that "An "impure medium, can only confabulate with the astral soul, or `shell,' of the deceased". We should say then that "the personal morality of the medium would be a fair test of the genuineness of the manifestation."
4) They are pure psychics and what they say is true.
I think that 1), 2) and 3) can certainly happen, but I am very doubtful about 4).
I guess that channeling has happened ever since and I think that the only way to evaluate if the messages are genuine or not (i.e. if it came from a higher source) is by looking at its content.
Here is the link to the documentary:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNsh4IPs2mc (part 1 of 10).
More about the astral plane can be found on one of Theosophy Watch's latest posts.
[Back to Top]
- Re: About channeling
- From: "paulobaptista_v" <paulobaptista_v@YFcw_bJdyszMFuX5SBPaJ7LOAClc6M-FN1rITwGQHaT8OOh-RHJHkVuW1Df--q9smnB1zi84-q59zFZQC1WUMGG3CQ.yahoo.invalid>
Dedicated to the Theosophical Philosophy and its Practical Application