Who Do You Read? What Do You Believe?
Apr 15, 2009 09:43 AM
Dr. Gordon Melton, an expert on modern cults and minority religions, has written:
"A number of individuals have claimed contact with one of the Masters FIRST described by Blavatsky and [some] have begun new organizations based upon the individual revelation imparted." caps added.
Below is a PARTIAL list of the claimants:
(1) In the 1890s, William Q. Judge said he was in contact with HPB's Master Morya as well as the deceased HPB. Judge claimed he precipitated letters from Master M. and gave out further esoteric teachings.
(2) Annie Besant and Charles Leadbeater affirmed that they were in direct communication with HPB's Masters and the deceased HPB. They gave out various Theosophical teachings in their voluminous writings.
(3) Katherine Tingley, the occult successor of Judge, said she was in contact with HPB's Masters and claimed to have met on at least two occasions the Master Morya in his physical body.
(4) G. de Purucker, Tingley's successor, testified that the Masters M. & K.H. came to visit him in 1929 at Theosophical Society headquarters, Point Loma, San Diego, California. Purucker claimed that he was allowed to give out deeper esoteric teachings than HPB, Judge or Tingley had given.
(5) Alice Bailey said she was in contact with Masters K.H. and D.K and wrote more than 20 volumes of teachings said to be from D.K. She even gave out further installments of the Stanzas of Dzyan.
(6) Mrs. Francia A. La Due (of the Temple of the People) gave out messages from the Masters, especially from Hilarion. She also published more Stanzas from the Book of Dzyan.
(7) Guy Ballard (of the "I Am" Movement) claimed to be in communication with the Masters, especially St. Germain.
(8) Helena Roerich (of the Agni Yoga Society) published some 13 volumes of communications supposedly from the Master Morya.
(9) Mark Prophet and his wife Elizabeth Clare (of the Church Universal and Triumphant) claimed to be the emissaries of the Great White Brotherhood and have channeled thousands of messages from El Morya, Kut Humi, the Virgin Mary, Hercules, Chastity and a variety of other Masters and entities.
(10) Earlyne Chaney of Astara believed she was in communication with Kut-Hi-Mi and Zoser and other Masters of the Great White Brotherhood. She has given out various so-called esoteric and occult teachings.
(11) Nada-Yolanda of Mark-Age, Inc has channeled numerous messages from M., K.H., and others Masters associated with UFOs.
(12) Max Heindel, Rudolf Steiner and Geoffrey Hodson have claimed clairvoyant powers and to be in contact with various Masters - Rosicrucian, Theosophical or otherwise.
(13) Other supposed communications from HPB's Masters have come from Brother Philip in his book titled Secret of the Andes, from Cyril Scott in his series of books starting with The Initiate, and from David Anrias in his book Through the Eyes of the Masters.
And the list goes on . . . .
So who do you believe? Which books by any of these individuals do you read?
Where do you start?
Hundreds of books and articles have been written by all these above-named individuals.
For more related information and a suggested course of study, see:
[Back to Top]
Dedicated to the Theosophical Philosophy and its Practical Application