THE MEANING OF 1900
Sep 25, 2006 04:58 AM
On the 1900 letter, the main questions at stake from the viewpoint of the movement include:
1) Are the ideas present in the letter authentic? And the answer is -- YES.
2) Do they anticipate most mistakes which would be done after 1900 by the Adyar TS? The answer is -- YES.
3) Did, therefore, A. Besant pay attention to that warning? The answer is -- NO.
4) Are the ideas present in the 1900 Letter still useful in the present moment of the movement? CERTAINLY YES.
5) Has the Adyar TS ever denied the validity of the 1900 Letter? NO.
6) Has the Adyar TS act in accordance with the propostisions and hints present in that letter? Of course not.
7) Are those ideas also useful for other sections of the movement? YES, by
So, if one discuss the legitimacy and usefulness of the CONTENT of the 1900 letter, there is no need to limit ourselves to exercising the art of "Guessology" around its physical plane origin.
This method of investigation, by which one gives more importance to content than to the outer "shell' of events, is ofen called "internal evidence".
It challenges one's viveka, discernment. And it also challenges our vairagya (detachment, independence) with regard to this or that "party line".
The whole idea of Theosophy is that each individual student should be free from "party line thinking" andshould have the courage to follow his own heart, by seeing things for himself.
Following 'party lines' is renouncing one's fifth principle. It is not good for Antahkarana, the 'bridge' with the higher triad.
Best regards, Carlos.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
[Back to Top]
Dedicated to the Theosophical Philosophy and its Practical Application