theos-talk.com

[MASTER INDEX] [DATE INDEX] [THREAD INDEX] [SUBJECT INDEX] [AUTHOR INDEX]

[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]

Theos-World Re: The Christian Bible and theosophical views...

Mar 20, 2006 11:17 PM
by Vincent


M Sufilight-

Oh, I'm sorry, Sufi.  I'm interpreting your words precisely to the 
English language, which is really the opposite of what you're trying 
to communicate in the first place.  I'll try not to be so literal.  
Language barriers can be so frustrating at times, but you're doing a 
better job than I ever could.

In the United States, most of us speak a universal language of 
English, so we are naive to the fact that not everyone knows 
English.  We just assume that everyone speaks the same language 
where we live.  And therefore we interpret people's words more 
literally like the law.

This means that we can be even more dogmatic about the English 
language itself at times than the Bible itself.  Americans are very 
dogmatic about the English dictionary, for example.  Mere words can 
indict a person in a court room where we live, and can send them to 
jail.  Same thing on forums too, but no jail time.

I agree with what you are saying.  I'm not into the dead letter 
teachings either, and people have bashed me over the head more than 
once with Bibles.  And with English dictionaries too.

Blessings

Vince

--- In theos-talk@yahoogroups.com, "M. Sufilight" <global-
theosophy@...> wrote:
>
> 
> My vies are:
> 
> Sorry Vince.
> I guess I was not expressing myself properly according to the 
english 
> language.
> What I meant was, that "We, the non-dogmatic theosophists do not 
keep any 
> books as if it was a Christian Bible."
> 
> I am talking about the dead-letter teachings, which mosten often is
> supported by the Christian leaders.
> 
> 
> from
> M. Sufilight with peace and love...
> 
> 
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "Vincent" <vblaz2004@...>
> To: <theos-talk@yahoogroups.com>
> Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2006 4:11 AM
> Subject: Theos-World Re: The Christian Bible and theosophical 
views...
> 
> 
> >M Sufilight-
> >
> > First you say:
> >
> > "We, the non-dogmatic theosophists do not keep Bibles."
> >
> > This strikes me as a misrepresentation.  I'm attending a class at
> > the Theosophical Society of Wheaton at this moment which 
expressly
> > uses biblical quotations in it's written class materials.  Many
> > theosophists do indeed keep Bibles.  And they are not dogmatic 
about
> > it either.
> >
> > Secondly you say:
> >
> > "We cull the good we find in each system of thought and in life."
> >
> > Yet your second statement contradicts your first.  Apparently 
you do
> > not cull the good that you find in the Bible, if in fact you do 
not
> > keep Bibles.  Rather, you label those who keep Bibles as 
dogmatic.
> >
> > Vince
> >
> > --- In theos-talk@yahoogroups.com, "M. Sufilight" <global-
> > theosophy@> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hallo all,
> >>
> >> My views are:
> >>
> >> A few words on the Christian Bible.
> >> http://www.theosophy.com/theos-talk/200212/tt00297.html (The 
link
> > was written to a fellow named Wry in 2002)
> >>
> >> We, the non-dogmatic theosophists do not keep Bibles.
> >> We cull the good we find in each system of thought and in life.
> >>
> >> - - - - - - -
> >> A theosophical exchange in a corridor at the local TS
> >>
> >> WISE MEMBERSHIPS
> >> As an example, there is the one in which two mothers talk about
> > their sons.
> >> One says, "And how is your boy getting on as a guru?"
> >> "Just fine," replies the second. "He has so many pupils that he
> > can afford to get rid of some of the old ones."
> >> "That's great," says the first. "My son is getting on so well 
that
> > he can afford NOT to take on everyone who applies to him!"
> >>
> >> Just  a few views...
> >>
> >>
> >> from
> >> M. Sufilight with some Middle Eastern rugrats with Soul
> > Force...and x-filebags...
> >>
> >> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >>
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>







[Back to Top]


Theosophy World: Dedicated to the Theosophical Philosophy and its Practical Application