theos-talk.com

[MASTER INDEX] [DATE INDEX] [THREAD INDEX] [SUBJECT INDEX] [AUTHOR INDEX]

[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]

Re: TO CASS ON DEFENDING HPB'S WORK

Mar 16, 2006 03:29 AM
by carlosaveline cardoso aveline




Dear Cass,

If someone ask you "How are you", and you answer, "Fine, thanks", even if you have a bad cold and are in a bad mood, that is a lie.

This is no the point. We are not talking about innocent lies.

The point is: "Was HPB a legitimate person? Was she capable of fraud? Was she a truthful person, an honest woman?"

Paul Johnson, who is not a theosophist, but a member of some Church (and HPB fought most Churches), says HPB was a liar, and presents no proofs.

His sources are the Coulombs and Soloviof, that is, he has no sources at all, so much so that he doesn't even makes his points clear and disguises his own positions.

When asked to clarify, he goes away making believe he feels offended. He is in line with John Algeo, Katinka Hesserlink, Daniel Caldwell, and other.

You may know that slandering famous people in books is a pathway to some kind of notoriety.
V. Soloviof had his "passaport to fame" speaking evil of HPB. Judas is talked about even today.

Get my point? And these "Historians" ignore the SPR self-criticism of 1986!

Best regards, Carlos.








From: Cass Silva <silva_cass@yahoo.com>
Reply-To: theos-talk@yahoogroups.com
To: theos-talk@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Theos-World TO CASS ON DEFENDING HPB'S WORK
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 19:19:22 -0800 (PST)

Hello Carlos
My point was that we must not hold on to our "ideas" as being "truths". What PJ wrote about HPB is only his ideas on what he believes to be the truth, and, I am sure that there is a certain truthful aspect within his ideas. However, it is like looking at a small piece of cloth and imagining it is the quilt.

Your ideas are supporting your truths in relation to the claim that HPB was not a liar, even though she and the masters have stated that under certain circumstances a lie will be used to protect others. However, I would like to add that these lies cannot be found in the actual teachings, be that exoteric or esoteric.

I have found nothing stating that the integrity of either HPB or the Masters needs be defended as a moral or virtuous act of any theosophist, although I admire your loyalty. I do admit that when anyone slanders HPB, the hairs on the back of my neck stiffen, however, everyone is free to believe whatever they so chose to believe. Flapdoodle comes to mind!

Cheers
Cass


carlosaveline cardoso aveline <carlosaveline@hotmail.com> wrote:
Cass,

I don't disagree but I couldn't understand what exactly your point is,
below.

My reason for defending what I consider to be the truth about HPB's work is
that her work is useful to, and BADLY NEEDED BY, humanity right now.

There is no other practical reason for that -- of which I can remember
right now.

And I am open to examine new evidences, as I am also examining the false
ideas and sometimes the utter lies about HPB's work.

Best regards, Carlos.

>From: Cass Silva
>Reply-To: theos-talk@yahoogroups.com
>To: theos-talk@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: Re: Theos-World Re: WHEN TRUTH IS A LIE
>Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 16:05:52 -0800 (PST)
>
>Carlos, Vladmimir
>Didn't someone post an article by HPB on the mind which stated that we may
>believe at a particular point in time that our ideas are "truths" but in
>fact as we are continually learning our ideas are continually changing, and
>those once thought of truths in fact become untruths in hindsight. The
>problem arises when we embrace a particular idea as the absolute truth and
>refuse to let go of the idea that once what I thought was the truth was but
>a partial glimmer of absolute truth.
>
>My solution for this is to take the attitude that all truths are "definite
>maybe's" until I am proved ignorant in abscentia.
>
>Although Steve's opinion is that Devachan is a subjective existence, which
>I acknowledge, I am of the opinion that any idea we take with us will be
>mulled over for centuries, and as there are masters incarnate there are
>masters disincarnate who are available in devachan to direct and assist us.
> I am quite certain that a disincarnate master, a plato, etc would not
>disturb anyone who is mulling over whether HPB was a charletan or not!
>
>Cass
>
>carlosaveline cardoso aveline wrote:
>
>Vladimir,
>
>Thanks (see below).
>
>I try not to be merciless with people.
>
>But I believe in an open and frank debate.
>
>One of the lessons we have to learn-and-teach to each other in the
>theosophical movement is that
>we are NOT our ideas. It is a lesson of detachment, or vairagya. This is
>a
>quality of fundamental importance for truth-seekers.
>
>People who think they are their ideas will get "personally offended "
>whenever their ideas are
>questioned, or when they are shown to be false.
>
>Now, is this "scholarly"?
>
>Best regards, Carlos.
>
>
>
>
>
> >From: Vladimir
> >Reply-To: theos-talk@yahoogroups.com
> >To: carlosaveline cardoso aveline
> >Subject: Re: Theos-World Why Does Paul Unsubscribe?
> >Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 22:34:02 +0300
> >
> >Monday, March 13, 2006, 9:39:16 PM, carlosaveline wrote:
> >
> > > Once confronted with his own words, and with the completely
> > > groundless condition of his "veiled" accusations against HPB,
> > > instead of facing the facts, Paul Johnson tries to adopt the
> > > position of a poor defenceless victim -- and gets away from the
> > > debate.
> >
> >Oh, c'mon, have mercy on your brother, lest he deserts you forever
> >leaving us wandering about in woe and despair longing for his
> >enlightening and mind-widening maybes and whatifs.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >Yahoo! Groups Links
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>_________________________________________________________________
>Com o MSN Spaces voc� divide seu blog, suas fotos, sua lista de m�sica
>e
>muito mais com seus amigos! Crie j� o seu espa�o online e com seus
>amigos! E
>s� entra no http://spaces.msn.com/
>
>
>
>
>Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>---------------------------------
>Yahoo! Mail
>Bring photos to life! New PhotoMail makes sharing a breeze.
>
>[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
>
>Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>
>

_________________________________________________________________
Facilite sua vida: Use o Windows Desktop Search e encontre qualquer arquivo
ou e-mail em seu PC. Acesse: http://desktop.msn.com.br




Yahoo! Groups Links








__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]




Yahoo! Groups Links






_________________________________________________________________
Ganhe tempo encontrando o arquivo ou e-mail que voc precisa com Windows Desktop Search. Instale agora em http://desktop.msn.com.br



[Back to Top]


Theosophy World: Dedicated to the Theosophical Philosophy and its Practical Application